Lena WI

So open registration at 2:00 p.m. on time and sweated my a$$ off in that sauna of an announcers booth they have there. It’s a nice announcers booth but just no air movement up stairs.. Registration was going good and then 4:00 p.m. came and I called out registration is now closed I had a mad dash of 20 guys claiming that hear registration was open till 5.. so I bent the rules and let them enter.. We got all the classes in order thanks to Wendy Jacobs helping me out. Board was posted and we started the pull 20 minutes late.

So I had ShaZam ready to go so all I had to do was log distance and speed and print out the final standing. Until the Mod / 2.6 class came up, I ended up the last puller of the class So I Should have had time to watch the track…. Well I don’t know what I was doing but it wasn’t what I should have been doing. I had a few guys give me inside info of the track, and when it was my Turn to pull I did the exact opposite of what I should have done. I spotted the sled on the wrong side of the track , I rode the wrong side of the track. Sometimes Pullers see a side of the track not being used and all it’s getting a leveled and wobble wheel, It should be nice and tight They call this being a Hero or Zero.

Tonight it was a zero. ShaZam couldn’t get a hold of anything, First time I seen 8000 Rpm out of this motor and it held it for 25 sec. But I fell 41 feet behind Derek Peetz who took first place tonight I ended up 6th for the day. So after the pull was over I headed to the trailer and started to write checks till 2 a.m.

 Called it a night and headed to bed. Up at 5:30 a.m. and headed home for breakfast.

Well I don’t know if it was all the heat I took Saturday or what But I had a few spells of the sweats for the next two days, and even today Tuesday I’m still not 100% but $hits got to get done and I have a pull this Friday at Rosholt, Mod tires are off and I’ll be heading over to Craig’s to put some new edges on the cleats.


Until Next week

Dan and ShaZam